Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1 Neo-mercazale a day

I have been checked out by my GP and spoke to my Endocrinologist and I have been told to take 1 X 5mg neo-mercazale a day to keep the heart rate under control - it's rises to around 200 when excercising - as I mentioned in the last post I have been not taking any medication and all my levels have improved - my only symptom is the heart rate. I am not really keen to have to go back on the medication but 1 a day i not so bad and I suppose the heart rate thing could potentially be dangerous if it is elevated for too long. So I will do as I'm told..... my GP says after 6 weeks we will test again and see if I can stop then - hopefully. I am really dedicated to getting of the medication and hopefully put and end to the symptoms I have been experiencing. I presume this will be what is called "remission" then hopefully this eating plan will keep me in this state of remission. I am also about to embark of what seems a fairly important part of this program and possibly the most unusual part - Dental Revision - I have not mentioned this before although it has been mentioned to me throughout the past seven weeks. After listening to the clinic and having what is called an OPG xray of my mouth I am seriously considering having my almalgam dental fillings removed and replaced with a less toxic material. I know this sounds a bit of a hassle but if the effects of mercury (in the fillings) are toxic and are entering my bloodstream then I want them gone - I also value the opinion of the clinic as so far everything they have told me has pretty much been correct. How could I not listen to them? - I would be stupid. I might just add that I am terrified of Dentists and have very sesitive teeth and gums and sitting in that chair is not something I take on lightly. My appointment for the initial consultation which is to explain everything that needs to be done and why is Friday at 1.45pm so after that I will be a little more clued up on everything and I can post. At this stage all I know is what the clinic has told me and some info I have been sent with links to the web to have a read. There is a really interesting article about the link between mercury poisoning and Auto-Immune diseases that I just can't ignore - it was OK when I didn't know any different but now I have been shown this - how can I not do it? If 3-4 visits to the dentist and possibly a bit of money (not sure how much yet) is going to hugely affect my health I'm going to give it a go. Here is the link to the article about mercury poisioning www.westonaprice.org/envtoxins/mercury.html have a look for yourself - I will be posting as I go through this and I will be honest about whether or not I feel "different" or if my overall health improves over the next 6 months.

1 comment:

  1. Kerrie,

    With the health issues that I have, if I had dental fillings made of this material, I would seriously consider getting them removed. I've read too many articles/books that have listed this as a probable problem for people with Autoimmune Disease. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete