Sunday, May 17, 2009

1st week over - new diet program

It has been one week today since I started following my new diet/health program. I actually feel really good and feel not so tired. I am still not experiencing any real negative side effect. I still find the hardest thing is to take all the supplements which are not so much important for the weight loss but for health. I know that losing weight should not be my first priority, but I am sad to say it is. I really do want to feel healthy and get off the thyroid medication but I think the weight gain is so far, worse than any of the other symptons. Some days I think I would rather have the palpitations, sweating, muscle shakes, eye problems and possibly even the headaches than to feel overweight. I know this sounds really vain, but I really feel bad when I am overweight. Hence the reasoning behind this search for a weight solution. The clinic would not weigh me today, so I will have to wait another week, but my husband who has followed the diet (except for vitamins) has lost 5kgs in one week. We have had plenty to eat, the foods on the diet suit my husband probably more so than me but I will get used to it. I can't post any results yet but I can say I feel good and the fact that the program insists on 3 exercise sessions per week this has made difference in how I feel. The exercise is fairly low impact more muscle building and toning and only 45mins x 3 times a week is not bad. I actually feell like doing more and may start next week going for a walk/run if I am still feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment