Sunday, May 10, 2009

A brief history

I was diagnosed with "grave's disease" in May, 2008. After suffering some unusual symptons for several months I decided to see my GP. While suffering these symptons I had a tendancy to find reasons for each ailment. Headaches and sore watery eyes (the left in particular) I put down to vision problems due to computer use, I had two visits with an optomertrist and had a prescription filled for reading glasses, this made no difference. My headaches became more severe and frequent and my hands trembled most of the time. I thought it was stress!. My heart was always racing and felt like it was jumping out of my chest, I then started getting muscle spasms, mostly in my legs. I also went through the whole of winter without wearing a jumper, and would need to "cool down" by standing outside, usually wearing only a singlet and boxer shorts. I started to think that maybe I had a serious condition and even researched such things as Mutiple Sclerosis online as the muscle weakness and spasms and the trembling had me a bit worried. By the time I got to my GP I was lucky enough to have sold the business in which I was working and get some time off. With a week or so of finishing up I got to the doctor. Im happy to report that my doctor has had some experience with Thyroid issues and I was diagnosed almost immediately. I was put on Neo-mercazale and Inderal and an appointment was made with an Endocrinologist. from here my journey with Grave's begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment